Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I Pieced Wednesday: 3

Again, not a ton done on my hexagon quilt (here and here).  This week I was working on making littlest sister's video for her soccer banquet.  My freshman sister got two varsity letters this year...so proud. 
What a cutie. 


So here's what I've gotten done so far.  


Goal for next week...finish at least half of it.  Or maybe even the whole top, we'll see! 


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

  1. Nice work on the hexi quilt. I want to try one too, but with much bigger hexis! too lazy for the tiny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like it! I'm currently just starting on the hexie trend so I'm constantly on the lookout for how I can use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white fabric up against those hexies! (Note to self: add one more project to the idea list of WIPs.) It's the tweaking of the traditional to the modern, and yes, your sister looks like a cute girl with lots of laughter!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, thanks! This is definitely going to be a mini-quilt. Any bigger and I probably would have chosen to do bigger hexis (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What is your method of piecing the top? I am making one too. Do you make four flower 'blocks' or piece it row by row?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious sister pic!! Oh, and your hexies look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did she get the idea for her fingernail colors from the quilt, or vice a versa? lol Both look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, that's funny, I didn't even think of that! She always wears mismatched nail polish, constantly changing it (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours of your hexi quilt and the black and white fabric you are using in it. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see for the first time such colorful hexy flowers and they are fabulous! The black and white fabric is perfect for joining them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)