Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recycled Bracelet Tutorial

This is my first tutorial, so I'm sorry if it's rough...I welcome any comments or suggestions you may have for me.

Supplies
-three rosettes (or any other embellishments you'd like)
-fabric (plain or patterned, your choice)
-an empty ribbon spool (tear off the circles from the top and bottom, and make sure you can fit your hand through it)

Step 1:
Cut your fabric into strips, about an inch thick (I just eyeballed it, you don't need to be exact)

I had a lot of extras...you can make other rosettes, or more bracelets with them
Step 2:
Put a line of hot glue on the end of the fabric and glue it to the inside of your "bracelet." 

Step 3: 
Wrap your strip around the bracelet. You can hot glue at intervals if you'd like, but I found that mine stayed just fine without it. 


Step 4:
Put a strip of hot glue on the end of your fabric and glue it down.

If you have a space like this uncovered, that's ok, you can cover it with the embellishments.
Step 5: 
Decide how you want your rosettes placed, then hot glue them on. 
(Not the same color as the beginning because I changed my mind)
Step 6:
Admire your finished product on your wrist. 

And there you go!  I think it's far better than throwing out all of your old spools.




Linking up to these parties: 

PhotobucketThirty Hand Made Days mmm button CreativeShareWednesdays

2 comments:

  1. what a cute idea. I think this would look good with a cardigan.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute bangle! So smart with the empty ribbon spool!!!

    PS- I'm doing my first ever giveaway on my blog and I'd love for you to come enter! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-giveaway-and-introducing-your.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)