Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Totally Last Minute Tee

Last night my roomate and I were trying to find something green to wear, but neither of us could find anything good in our closets...until I discovered two white tees in a drawer, and decided to make us shirts. 


Now, I know it's a little late for today, but you can use this method to make any sort of appliquéd shirt.

First, gather your supplies. 
I found a clip-art online and a font I liked and printed them off to trace. (Hint: if you right-click your font, you can choose "outline" so you won't waste so much ink printing large letters)
Then I decided how much heat bond I'd need, and ironed it onto the fabric, paper-side up
Trace your appliqué onto the heat bond with a pen or pencil. Don't forget to trace everything backwards!! 
Cut it out. 
Take the paper off the material and place it how you want it. 
Iron on. I placed the iron on top for a few seconds so it wouldn't move around when I moved the iron. 
Optional: Cut off the neck to make it off the shoulder 80s-ish. I totally just eyeballed the measurement. 
Place paper or cardboard in between the shirt.
Go around the edge with fabric paint (this helps it stay on if you don't want to sew, or don't have time to sew it).


I'll have finished pictures of the roomie and I wearing them later today (: 


EDIT::
Here are pictures of the finished shirts on St. Patrick's Day. 





Linking up here: 
make it wear it

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)