- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 block of cream cheese
- Almond Bark or other chocolate candy coating
- large ziplock bag- hammer
- big mixing bowl
- cookie sheet
(optional: line cookie sheet with tinfoil)
- double boiler (or a pot of boiling water with another bowl on top)
- Place all Oreos into the large ziplock bag.
- Place on hard surface (be careful not to place it on a tile floor unless there's a rug in between, we don't want any cracked flooring!) and crush with hammer.
Or if you're in an apartment, it's late and you don't want to disturb the neighbors downstairs, you'll have to get creative...
- Pour Oreo crumbs into large bowl and add cream cheese (preferably room temperature so it's easier to mix)
- Mix together with your hands...this is messy, but kind of fun!
- Roll concoction into balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Place almond bark into double-boiler and melt (I always break up the chunks first, as it makes it melt more quickly)
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place back on cookie sheet (this is where the tin foil would come in handy-keeps everything cleaner and clean-up is easier)
|I did it the |
|Not a pretty coating, but they taste the same even when they're not perfect.|
Extras: You could make yours pretty and drizzle chocolate or another candy coating on them, but I was at boyfriend's and there were limited resources. Next time I might make them prettier, but either way they're delicious!