Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rolled Roses Tutorial

So I know there might be other tutorials out there on this, but I had a request for one, and I kind of just made it up the first time I did it anyway...so here is mine


::Supplies::
-fabric scissors or rotary cutter
-fabric
-hot glue gun (loaded)


Cut a strip of fabric, the longer the strip the bigger the rose.  (Mine for this was 22" x 1.5" but it doesn't need to be perfect). 
Fold the fabric in half
 Tie a knot
 Start to roll the fabric.
 Add a dab of hot glue ever turn or two.
 Keep twisting the fabric and adding glue. (This is a fairly hot-glue heavy project).
 Leave a little bit at the end.
 Cover it in hot glue. 
 Glue to the bottom of the rose.
 And you're finished! 



Some people prefer to use fabric glue, but I feel as though hot glue dries more quickly, so I prefer it. 


Use these to dress up a hair clip, brooch, anything you can think of...click here and here for a sample of what I've used them for.


I hope that wasn't too confusing.  Let me know if you have any questions! 


Linking up here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)