Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Friday, September 30, 2011

Earring Display Tutorial

Inspired by some Pinterest jewelry displays, I've been wanting to make one myself.  When I was packing for school I found an old cork board that I really didn't use anymore: I knew it was perfect.  



Paint it up.


I really liked the colors, but they were slightly brighter than I wanted, so I mixed a bit of silver in and went over with a second coat.  Not a huge difference, but I'm glad I did it.


Staple some picture-hanging wire around the back...I didn't measure it really, just eyeballed how far apart I thought looked good.  


Wrap the excess wire around the staples. (You may need to use pliers or tweezers) 

The top two are closer together for the smaller earrings, but the longer ones can always hang off the bottom or even over other wires.
  
Hang your earrings (: Seriously simple.


Someday when this is above a shelf I'll include the teacups for my studs and it will be perfect. 



But for now, I'm using this bowl. And those things blank CD/DVDs come in for the bracelets and rings. 


And little removable hooks for necklaces.

Hanging on my wall.


Linking here: 

monogram Thirty Hand Made Days

 

1 comment:

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)