Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My First Art Show

This is a really late post, but during the fall semester I took a photography class.  I loved it.  Every year there is an art show called "Michigan Small Colleges" and it's between my school and 3 other small schools.  Of course our school likes to try and get as much art in as possible (it's a juried show, so not everything gets in).  Just for the heck of it I submitted a photo--nothing to lose, right?  Well, it got in.
Even though the show was held at Olivet this year, a couple hours from my school, my friend and I decided to go since hers got in as well.  J was visiting, so we did what any self-respecting girl would do...we made him drive ;)
So here we are, walking around looking at all the art.  And then we come across my photo.  Apparently I won 3rd place.  Now I'm unhealthily pretty competitive, so normally 3rd would make me upset. (I know, I know, I'm awful) But, this show had all kinds of art in it--sculptures, paintings, mixed media, drawings etc. And hundreds of works didn't even make it into the show so I was pretty stunned/excited.  And I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying it because I need to work on being able to be proud of myself without finding something I did "wrong."  


Anyway, here's an embarrassing picture of me and my photo.
Yea, we were totally those first-time-art-show dorks taking pictures. Oh well.


What have you accomplished lately that you're proud of? 




 Edit:: Silly me, didn't think to post the picture.  Thanks for saying something, Cassie!  Here it is...


1 comment:

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)