Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2J9OExXfy

Monday, April 4, 2011

Cell Phone Case Covering

I've been sick of my cell phone case for a while now...It's just clear and so boring.  So when I found this tutorial, I immediately had to try it.
Here are my results:



I did a few things differently from the tutorial because my phone case is two different pieces and rounded on the edges...so here are a few tips from my experience.
I made sure the fabric was the right size and placed where I wanted it on the fabric...and then cut it to fit the part of the case that goes over top of the other. 
I put the fabric on the whole case, and then used an exacto knife to cut out the holes...I have quite a few.
I pleated the corners and then cut off the excess before mod-podgeing (is that a word? oh well) it down
And here are the two halves drying.

Now my phone is much more stylish (:

Linking up here: monogram Photobucket 

3 comments:

  1. i saw that same tut! I love it!! yours looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering if you had any issues with the fabric peeling or mod podge coming off. I want to try this tutorial for a friend, but am worried that exposure to heat or random scratches will make dents in the mod podge or melt it. Any updates on how well this worked would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm glad you like it. I didn't have any issues, and I kept this on until I just got my new phone about a month ago (so for almost a year). And I still have this, and it looks almost new--even though I did drop it once or twice. Just make sure that you go over the edges really well to prevent fraying (I went over mine an extra time after it dried just in case).

      I accidentally set it down in a small water spot on my desk once, and was afraid I ruined it, but I just dabbed it with a towel and let it sit without touching it and it re-dried no problem. The heat didn't do anything and it didn't scratch either.

      I hope it works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions!

      Delete

I love comments...and I try to reply to all by e-mail, so be watching for me (: (unless you're a no-reply blogger, then I'll comment back here!)